Altered thrown piece

     Describe: This is my altered thrown piece. How I altered my    thrown bowl was by adding a handle. I made the bowl first and then used slip on the outside of the bowl to help the handle attach. I took a little piece of clay and rolled it into a cylinder shape and formed it to curve into a handle shape. For now the cup is grey but I hope to glaze it after it is fired. 

    Analyze: There is not much character in this piece but one principle of design you could say would be emphasis. There would be emphasis in the handle of the piece because that is what you first notice when you look at the piece. 

    Interpret: I used my common knowledge when creating this piece of what a cup would look like. Even though it is not entirely shaped like a cup and was formed in a bowl shape, since there is a handle you could potentially use it as a cup. 

   Judge: This piece is very plain but has potential . This was my first time making something like this and I think it turned out decent for one of my first times throwing on the wheel and making a handle and attaching it.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog