Thrown piece 

  Describe- This piece is what I made on the wheel. When it was first taken off the wheel it was a grey clay color before it was fired. Just like any other piece I thought it would be fun to glaze it even though it was a really simple piece. I decided to glaze it in almost a camo pattern. The colors look pastel before it will be fired for the second time but it will turn out bright and colorful. I was able to finish this piece earlier it just hasn’t gone through the kiln. 

  Interpret- There is no exact interpretation for this piece. There was no exact reference either since I came up with the glaze idea in my head. The shape and size of the piece is around the normal size of any thrown bowl so there is no specific reference for that. 

  Analyze- One principle of design for this piece would be contrast. There would be contrast in this piece with all of the different colors next to each other. I chose to do different colors so each individual color would stand out by itself wherever you looked. Another principle of design for this thrown piece could be movement. The shapes of the blobs around the piece are all different shapes and almost have a movement to them as if there spreading around the bowl.

  Judge- I really like this piece because of how simple yet unique it is. It has a very simple shape and turned out very smooth and sleek but has a very different design and different colors. I’m exited to see how it turns out after it’s fired again and to see how the colors turn out and how they contrast against one another once they are more bold. 


  Planning: there was no exact planning for my thrown piece. I just started shaping it into a bow and didn’t really have an exact plan of what I wanted it to look like when it was complete.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog