Utilitarian piece

     Describe: My utilitarian piece Is a leaf green jewelry holder. The leaf is 3-D mold that can fit rings    and necklaces and bracelets. I painted it green since it was a leaf shape so the color goes with the nature theme. The leaf is shaped jagged and has indents in it to make it seem more realistic since it is 3-D. 

      Analyze: A principle of design for this piece would be balance. Balance is in this piece how both sides of the leaf are jagged but jagged similarly so one side doesn’t look exactly different than the other. The color is also the same throughout the piece. 

      Interpret: This piece was created to be a holder for jewelry. It symbolizes a leaf but is in the shape of a bowl since it’s caved in. I have always seen the leaf mold and thought it would be cool to make a piece I could use out of the mold and I thought this project would be perfect for the leaf mold. 

       Judge: I sort of like this piece. I like the meaning behind this piece but I feel like it’s very simple.  I feel like I could’ve added something to this piece but I ran out of time . I’m excited to see what color it turns out and If it is vibrant or not. 

     Reference: the only reference I used was my knowledge of the color of a leaf and the leaf mold for the shape of the leaf.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog